TELLER I (FULL-TIME)
As a Teller with Sheboygan Area Credit Union, you will provide efficient, progressive, financial services and products to our owner-members in agreement with the credit union philosophy. The teller line is the first interaction for most of our members and member service is our top priority. You will be held accountable for consistently exemplifying the core values of SACU: Integrity, Leadership, Dedication, and Members First. You will look for additional opportunities to help our members achieve their financial goals and dreams. At Sheboygan Area Credit Union we listen closely and proactively engage our members in conversation. We are looking for trustworthy individuals with strong communication skills that can perform transactional duties. In addition, tellers must maintain accurate transactional records and provide cash receipts and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping our members in a positive environment serving our members promptly and professionally.
The following duties and responsibilities are not to be construed as exclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and required.
Builds relationships and provides financial education through the use of cooperative values and excellent member service.
- Meets with members and solidifies long-term relationships through use of rapport-building and engaging questions.
- Consistently utilizes Communication Skills in all member interactions. Assist in answering phone calls and providing assistance to our members.
- Balances the benefit to both the members and the credit union in all interactions.
- Provides excellent member service.
- Educate members about convenience service options such as online banking, mobile banking, mobile deposit capture, bill pay, and e-statements.
- Has knowledge and advises members on deposit/credit products.
- Routinely processes transactions not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks, night or mail deposits, credit card advances, coin, selling cashiers checks and money orders.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer throughout your shift and at end of day.
- Examine checks for endorsement and other key information such as date, amount, and identification of person receiving payment.
- Makes appropriate referrals based on member needs.
- Contributes to the team's effort by achieving goals
Operations and Security
- Ability to work at either branch location in Sheboygan WI
- Work with team to complete daily/quarterly checklists and other teller responsibilities for successful branch operations.
- Maintains member confidence and protects member information by keeping all records confidential.
- Knowledge of controls, integrity and risk factors of credit union business and regulatory requirements. Following all policies, procedures and regulations (both state and federal). Able to handle confrontation and conflict situations, training/coaching to the philosophy that ‘with adversity comes opportunity,’ serving and embracing professional relationships both internally and externally.
Continuous Learning and Goals
- Complete all required training annually
- Environment: Work is performed in a standard office setting, may be required to work different shifts based upon hours of operations, including Saturday mornings and occasional community events.
- Physical: Primary function requires sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and the fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Must enjoy working with people, be able to work as part of a team and be professional in appearance and disposition.
- Accuracy and ability to operate computers, navigate multiple software programs and related office equipment as necessary.
- Ability to listen, assimilate and solve problems quickly, using a member service approach.
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities quickly and effectively
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and working knowledge of basic business math
- One year of customer or member service experience.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Full-time: 36-40 hours per week Monday thru Saturday 2-3 Saturday mornings per month
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Medical insurance, Sick time, Paid time off, Vision Insurance, employer paid life insurance.
Schedule: 6-8 hour day shifts, Saturday morning availability
Education: High school or equivalent
Experience: Cash handling: 1 year (Preferred), Customer service: 1 year (Preferred), but am willing to train.
Interested in applying? Please email your resume to HR@shebareacu.com or mail to Sheboygan Area Credit Union, Attn: HR, 1707 Indiana Ave, Sheboygan WI 53081. If you do not have a resume, we will accept our employment application.
If you have any questions or would like to apply in person, please email us at HR@shebareacu.com or give us a call at 920-459-5151.